Ministry of Youth Development
Joseph Gomwalk Secretariat Complex, P.M.B 2064, Jos.
VISION: To have vibrant youths with well developed potential for sustainable development in all sphere of life (economic, social and political).
MISSION: To harness the full potentials of the youth and to create a mindset, that is geared towards positive thinking, creativity and good leadership for self-reliance and sustainability.
The Ministry is charged with the responsibility for organizing and co-coordinating youth development programmes with the help of other departments.
1. Construction of a befitting NYSC Permanent Orientation Camp in Mangu.
2. Sponsoring the Celebration of International Youth Day/Week which come up in August of each year.
3. Sponsored two (2) youths from the state to Burkina Faso for the first UNESCO African Youth Forum.
4. Sponsored three (3) youths to represent the state as parliamentarians National Youth Parliament (2008).
5. Sponsored seven (7) youths to participate in the unemployment workshop in farm produce, processing and management in Ogun State in 2008
6. Sponsored twenty (20) youths to take part in Youth Empowerment Programme in Agricultural Production (fishing and animal rearing) in Keffi, Nassarawa State in 2008.
7. Organized a workshop for 120 youth leaders of voluntary/tribal organization at the NDLEA Regional Academy, Jos from 12th – 17th October, 2009.
8. Organized a four (4) Leadership programme for 50 pretects of some selected secondary schools within the state at the Citizenship and Leadership Traning Center, Shere Hills, Jos (August, 2009).
9. Sponsored ten (10) youths for a Nine (9) day Natinal Yout Camp Adventure/Journey. Programme organized by the Nigeria National Youth Award Scheme at the NYSC Camp, Kano.
10. Sponsored twenty-two (22) youths to attend a ten (10) day National Youth Empowerment in Agriculture and Leatherworks for North East and North Central zones in Gombe State.
11. Sponsored twelve (12) youths for an ICT training and entrepreneurship scheme held at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil, Kano State.
12. Sponsored ten (10) unskilled youths to attend Subsidy Re-Investment programme launched by Mr. President on 13th February, 2012.
13. Sponsored a state delegation to Abuja to attend the 2012 President’s NYSC Honours Award Winners/Assistance to the two (2) Honours Award Recipients in January, 2012
14. Sponsored three (3) youths to attend the Review of the Constitution of the National Youth Council of Nigeria (NYCN) Plateau State Chapter in Makurdi, Benue State
15. Sponsored five (5) youths to attend National Congress of the National Youth council of Nigeria in Lokoja, Kogi State in March, 2012.
16. Sponsored twenty-five (25) youth leaders of various organizations in Jos-North and Jos-South Local Government Areas to attend the Train-the-Trainers Workshop on Health and Family life Education with particular reference to HIV/AIDS in collaboration with PLACCA in May, 2012.
FUTURE PLANS AND (INITIATIVES)
i. Provision of Infrastructure, Renovation of three Youth Centers in Jos, Pankshin and Shendam.
ii. To equip three Youth Centers in Shendam, Pankkshin and Jos for skills training in the following trades: -
a. Wood work training.
c. Hair dressing.
d. Tie and dye making.
e. Leather works.
g. Training in GSM repairs, motor mechanics, ICT etc
iii. Youth Empowerment.
iv. Public Works: where youth and women will be employed to participate in the construction of feeder roads, culverts and general sanitation in the three senatorial zones.
v. Recreational Activities by the creation of sporting facilities in the three(3) Youth Centers.
i. Budgetary data 2014 - 1,000,000,000.00
ii. Budgetary data 2015 - 1,138,800,000.00