To have vibrant youths with well developed potential for sustainable development in all sphere of life (economic, social and political).
To harness the full potentials of the youth and to create a mindset, that is geared towards positive thinking, creativity and good leadership for self-reliance and sustainability.
The Ministry is charged with the responsibility for organizing and co-coordinating youth development programmes with the help of other departments.
- Construction of a befitting NYSC Permanent Orientation Camp in Mangu.
- Sponsoring the Celebration of International Youth Day/Week which come up in August of each year.
- Sponsored two (2) youths from the state to Burkina Faso for the first UNESCO African Youth Forum.
- Sponsored three (3) youths to represent the state as parliamentarians National Youth Parliament (2008).
- Sponsored seven (7) youths to participate in the unemployment workshop in farm produce, processing and management in Ogun State in 2008
- Sponsored twenty (20) youths to take part in Youth Empowerment Programme in Agricultural Production (fishing and animal rearing) in Keffi, Nassarawa State in 2008.
- Organized a workshop for 120 youth leaders of voluntary/tribal organization at the NDLEA Regional Academy, Jos from 12th – 17th October, 2009.
- Organized a four (4) Leadership programme for 50 pretects of some selected secondary schools within the state at the Citizenship and Leadership Traning Center, Shere Hills, Jos (August, 2009).
- Sponsored ten (10) youths for a Nine (9) day Natinal Yout Camp Adventure/Journey. Programme organized by the Nigeria National Youth Award Scheme at the NYSC Camp, Kano.
- Sponsored twenty-two (22) youths to attend a ten (10) day National Youth Empowerment in Agriculture and Leatherworks for North East and North Central zones in Gombe State.
- Sponsored twelve (12) youths for an ICT training and entrepreneurship scheme held at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil, Kano State.
- Sponsored ten (10) unskilled youths to attend Subsidy Re-Investment programme launched by Mr. President on 13th February, 2012.
- Sponsored a state delegation to Abuja to attend the 2012 President’s NYSC Honours Award Winners/Assistance to the two (2) Honours Award Recipients in January, 2012
- Sponsored three (3) youths to attend the Review of the Constitution of the National Youth Council of Nigeria (NYCN) Plateau State Chapter in Makurdi, Benue State
- Sponsored five (5) youths to attend National Congress of the National Youth council of Nigeria in Lokoja, Kogi State in March, 2012.
- Sponsored twenty-five (25) youth leaders of various organizations in Jos-North and Jos-South Local Government Areas to attend the Train-the-Trainers Workshop on Health and Family life Education with particular reference to HIV/AIDS in collaboration with PLACCA in May, 2012.
FUTURE PLANS AND (INITIATIVES)
- Provision of Infrastructure, Renovation of three Youth Centers in Jos, Pankshin and Shendam.
To equip three Youth Centers in Shendam, Pankkshin and Jos for skills training in the following trades: -
- Wood work training.
- Hair dressing.
- Tie and dye making.
- Leather works.
- Training in GSM repairs, motor mechanics, ICT etc
- Youth Empowerment.
- Public Works: where youth and women will be employed to participate in the construction of feeder roads, culverts and general sanitation in the three senatorial zones.
- Recreational Activities by the creation of sporting facilities in the three(3) Youth Centers.
- Budgetary data 2014 - 1,000,000,000.00
- ii. Budgetary data 2015 - 1,138,800,000.00